The Election Commission of India (ECI) on 20 July 2016 announced that launch of National Electoral Roll Purification (NERP) 2016 programme across the country.
The programme was launched to improve health of Electoral Rolls (ERs) and to optimize the Polling Station (PS) location and area across the country.
The motto of ECI for the year 2016 is No voter to be left behind.
Objectives of NERP 2016
Improving Health of ERs by inclusion of all eligible citizens in mission mode by:
• ERs to be made free from errors.
• Single ER entry for every eligible elector with unique Elector Photo Identity Card (EPIC) number.
• Removal of all Absent (A)/ Shifted (S)/ Dead (D) electors’ entries and Repeat Entries (REs).
• Ensuring Photo Electoral Rolls (PERs) with good quality correct images of every elector confirming to ECI standards, and linking Electors with ECI by obtaining their contact details.
Standardization of Sections, PS boundaries and Location and improved PS map by:
• Optimization of part boundaries with Standardization of sections using GIS technology.
• Relocation of PS with in Part or in adjacent parts and Improved PS Map with part map.
• PS building image and dimensioned PS room drawing with Basic Minimum Facilities (BMF) details.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Launched by ECI
When: Third week of July 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.