Fernandao, the former Brazilian striker died in helicopter crash
Fernando Lucio da Costa, a former footballer of Brazil died in a helicopter crash in central Brazil.
Former Brazilian striker, Fernando Lucio da Costa died on 7 June 2014 in a helicopter crash in central Brazil at the age of 36. The helicopter crashed in Aruana with five people on board.
About Fernando Lucio da Costa
• He was born in Goiania and began his football career with local club Goias before signing for Olympique Marseille in 2001
• He returned to Brazil to play for the Internacional (Brazilian football team) side in 2004
• He captained Internacional to their first Copa Libertadores title in 2006, then the FIFA Club World Cup in 2006, Rio Grande do Sul title twice
• He won a solitary cap for his country in 2005
• He retired from football in 2011
• In July 2012, he became the coach of Internacional but was sacked in just four months