Forbes on 26 February 2015 released Asia’s 50 Power Businesswomen 2015 list. The list features six Indian women CEO and Managing Director (MD).
The Asia's 50 Power Businesswomen list showcases a year of accomplishments by the region's female entrepreneurs and executives.
The list includes following Women from India
• Arundhati Bhattacharya, CMD, State Bank of India
• Chanda Kochchar, CEO, ICICI Bank,
• Akhila Srinivasan, MD/Non-Executive Director, Shriram Life Insurance/Shriram Capital
• Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Founder, Chairman and MD, Biocon
• Shikha Sharma, CEO and MD, Axis Bank
• Usha Sangwan, MD, Life Insurance Corp. of India
The list is dominated by 27 newcomers. Some of them are
• Noni Purnomo, President Director of Indonesia’s Blue Bird Group Holding
• Lee Boo-jin, President and CEO of South Korea’s Hotel Shilla
• Sonia Cheng, CEO of Hong Kong’s Rosewood Hotel Group and Executive Director of New World Development
• Wandee Khunchornyakong, Chairman and CEO of Thailand’s SPCG
• Katie Page, CEO of Australia’s Harvey Norman
• Lucy Peng, co-founder of Alibaba and the energy behind its fast growing Ant financial-services unit
• Maggie Wu, Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Alibaba and the driver of its blockbuster IPO
• Garamjav Tseden, Founder and Chairman of mining company Monpolymet
• Win Win Tint
The first time entrants to the list include Maggie Wu and Lucy Peng, Alibaba's top female decision-makers.
For the first time, two women Garamjav Tseden and Win Win Tint are included from developing nations Mongolia and Myanmar.
When: 26 February 2015