Union Minister of Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal on 16 November 2015 laid the foundation stone of the first Mega Food Park in Telangana.
The park is promoted by Smart Agro Food Park Pvt. Ltd. at Village Lakkampally and Chimrajpally, Nandipet Mandal, District Nizamabad, Telangana.
Besides, two more Mega Food Parks have been sanctioned to be set up in Khammam and Mahboobnagar districts in Telangana.
Highlights of Mega Food Park in Telanagana
• The park will be set up with the project cost of 108.95 crore rupees.
• It will be spread in an area of 78 acres.
• It will have strong backward linkage.
• Three Primary Processing Centres (PPCs) will be set up at Medchal, Medak and Nalgonda.
• The park will have facilities of 5000 MT Multi Commodity Cold Storage, 5000 MT Raw Material Warehouse, 5000 MT Finished Good Warehouse, 5000 MT Grain Silos, 500 MT Deep Freeze, 20 MT/day Turmeric Processing Facility and modern food testing lab.
• The park is expected to provide direct and indirect employment to about 6000 people and benefit about 30000 farmers in its catchment area.
The Mega Food Park Scheme is being implemented by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries in the country to give a major boost to the Food Processing Sector. The scheme will also facilitate creation of modern infrastructure for food processing along the value chain from the farm to the market.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Foundation stone laid
When: 16 November 2015
Telangana Assembly Elections 2018: TRS wins sweeping majority for second straight term
Telangana’s Sadarmatt anicut, Pedda Cheruvu get Heritage Irrigation Structure status
Telangana Cabinet passes resolution to dissolve Legislative Assembly
Telangana launches life insurance scheme worth Rs 5 lakh for farmers