Hollywood actress Debbie Reynolds passes away
She was the mother of actress Carrie Fisher and her death came just one day after the death of her daughter Carrie Fisher, who died on 27 December 2016.
Hollywood legend Debbie Reynolds, mother of actress Carrie Fisher, passed away on 28 December 2016 following a brief illness. She was 84.
Her death came just one day after the death of her daughter Carrie Fisher, who died on 27 December 2016 following a heart attack.
About Debbie Reynolds
• She was born as Mary Frances Reynolds in April 1932. It was Warner Brothers who changed her name to Debbie.
• She made her feature acting debut in 1950 in The Daughter of Rosie O`Grady.
• She was signed by MGM in 1950 and that year, Reynolds performed the hit duet Aba Daba Honeymoon with Carleton Carpenter.
• Reynolds rose to stardom in the film Singin` In the Rain in which she starred opposite Gene Kelly, Frank Sinatra, Tony Curtis, Donald O`Connor, Fred Astaire, and Dick Van Dyke.
• Her fame grew with leading roles in Susan Slept Here with Dick Powell, The Tender Trap with Frank Sinatra, Bundle of Joy with then-husband Fisher, It Started with A Kiss with Glenn Ford and The Pleasure of His Company with Astaire.
• She was nominated for Best Actress performance in Academy Awards for the 1964 musical The Unsinkable Molly Brown.