ICSI Entered Into Tripartite MoU with Assocham and the Government of West Bengal
ICSI, MSSET and ASSOCHAM entered in the tripartite MOU for a larger cause of growth and development of the MSME sector in West Bengal.
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI), Department of Micro & Small Scale Enterprises and Textile, Government of West Bengal (MSSET) and Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry (ASSOCHAM) entered in the tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (TRI-MOU) for a larger cause of growth and development of the MSME sector in West Bengal.
Major Highlights of the MoU
• The MoU was was exchanged at Synergy MSME 2013, the Mega Conclave of MSME’s being organized by the Government of West Bengal from 16-21 September 2013 at the Milan Mela Ground, Kolkata with the ICSI being one of the partner organizations.
• As per the MoU, ICSI would organise guidance to participants on incorporation and management of MSMEs under the Companies Act and the LL.P Act: clinics for advice on finance, law and Corporate Governance, based on the theme How to incorporate a company and comply with legal requirements. This will be done in order to provide one-to-one support to the visiting entrepreneurs at the Conclave along with an Info Kiosk for general info dissemination and sharing and providing of knowledge.
• Apart from this, ICSI in association with ASSOCHAM will also organise plenary session in the Conclave on Company Law and Corporate Governance.
• ICSI and ASSOCHAM will support MSSET in organising seminars or trainings by group or cluster of MSMEs and will develop a simple, easy to understand summary of Company Law to be put on the MSSET website.
• ICSI will also develop a check list of statutory compliances required by MSME.