The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI), functioning under the aegis of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, on 4 October 2013 launched the ICSI Primer on Companies Act 2013 on its Foundation Day. The ICSI Primer on Companies Act 2013 was launched by the President, Council of the ICSI- SN Ananthasubramanian.
Primary Features of the ICSI Primer on Companies Act 2013
• The ICSI Primer on Companies Act 2013 is a set of 16 videos of around 35 minutes each.
• They highlight various aspects of the new Companies Act 2013.
• These videos have been uploaded on the website of the ICSI and also on YouTube so that the professionals and the common people, all, can access them freely and learn about some important aspects of the new Companies Act 2013.
• The videos explain the fundamental provisions of law in as simple a language as possible through interactive discussions.
• Distinguished experts from government, regulators, industry, academia and professionals have participated as panelists and a leading advocate is the anchor in all episodes.
SN Ananthasubramanian explained that ICSI was undertaking a large number of initiatives to build up the human resource capacity in the country to implement the Companies Act, 2013. These include about 500 seminars, workshops and study circles during this quarter. These also include a number of publications and guidance notes on the new law.
On the occasion, the Institute of Company Secretaries of India also launched a novel facility called the Corporate Compliance Executive Certificate.