India and Bangladesh on 6 June 2015 inked signed, exchanged, adopted and handed 22 bilateral documents in Dhaka.
These documents were inked during the two-day visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Bangladesh from 6 June to 7 June 2015.
The documents include
• Exchange of Instruments of Ratification of 1974 Land Boundary Agreement and its 2011 Protocol
• Exchange of letters on Modalities for implementation of 1974 Land Boundary Agreement and its 2011 Protocol
• Renewal of Bilateral Trade Agreement
• Agreement on Coastal Shipping between Bangladesh and India
• Renewal of Protocol on Inland Water Transit and Trade
• Bilateral Cooperation Agreement on Cooperation in the field of Standardization was inked between Bangladesh Standards & Testing Institution (BSTI) and Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS).
• Agreement on Dhaka-Shillong-Guwahati Bus Service and its Protocol
• Agreement on Kolkata-Dhaka-Agartala Bus Service and its Protocol
• Memorandum of Understanding between Coast Guards
• Memorandum of Understanding on Prevention of Human Trafficking
• Memorandum of Understanding on Prevention of Smuggling and Circulation Fake Currency Notes
• Memorandum of Understanding between Bangladesh and India and for Extending a New Line of Credit (LoC) of 2 billion US dollars by Government of India to Government of Bangladesh
• Memorandum of Understanding on Blue Economy and Maritime Cooperation in the Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean
• Memorandum of Understanding on Use of Chittagong and Mongla Ports
• Memorandum of Understanding for a Project under IECC (India Endowment for Climate Change) of SAARC
• Memorandum of Understanding on Indian Economic Zone
• Cultural Exchange Programme for the years 2015-17
• Statement of Intent on Bangladesh-India Education Cooperation (adoption)
• Agreement between Bangladesh Submarine Cable Company Limited (BSCCL) and Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) for leasing of international bandwidth for internet at Akhaura
• Memorandum of Understanding between University of Dhaka, Bangladesh and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India for Joint Research on Oceanography of the Bay of Bengal
• Memorandum of Understanding between University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh and University of Jamia Milia Islamia, India
• Handing over of Consent Letter by Insurance Development and Regulatory Authority (IDRA), Bangladesh to Life Insurance Corporation (LIC), India to start operations in Bangladesh
Besides, during this visit of Prime Minister Modi to Bangladesh, its government conferred Award of Liberation Wa Honour on former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Vajpayee was awarded for his outstanding support for the country's independence from Pakistan in 1971 when he was a Lok Sabha member.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.