Union Government of India on 30 May 2014 signed a credit agreement of 24 million US dollar with World Bank for additional financing for Uttarakhand Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Project (URWSSP).
The objective of the URWSSP is to improve effectiveness of rural water supply and sanitation (RWSS) services through decentralization and restore service of damaged schemes in the disaster affected areas of Uttarakhand.
The additional Component D on RWSS disaster Mitigation Activities will comprise of the following sub components:
• Component D1: RWSS Sector Development (0.50 million US dollar)
• Component D2: Reconstruction and Restoration (18.79 million US dollar)
• Component D3: RWSS Program Management Support and M&E (4.71 million US dollar)
As per the plan, the project will be completed by 30 June 2015.
The signatories of the project were
• Micheal Haney, Acting Director, New Delhi Office, World Bank
• Nilaya Mitash, Joint Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance
• Sowjanya, Additional Secretary, Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Government of Uttarakhand
When: 30 May 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.