India signed credit agreement of 165 million $ with World Bank for MRWSSP
Union Government signed a credit agreement of 165 million US dollar with World Bank for MRWSSP.
Union Government of India on 30 May 2014 signed a credit agreement of 165 million US dollar with World Bank for Maharashtra Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Programme (MRWSSP).
Objective of the programme
• To improve the performance of Maharashtra’s sector institutions in planning, implementation and monitoring of its Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Program
• To improve access to quality and sustainable services in peri-urban villages and in water-stressed and water quality-affected areas
Main components of the Programme are
• Institutional capacity building for planning, implementation and monitoring of the sector across the state
• Water Supply and Sanitation Service Improvements in selected districts
As per the plan, the project will end on 31 March 2020.
Signatories of the agreement were
• On behalf of World Bank - Micheal Haney, Acting Director, New Delhi Office, World Bank
• One behalf of Indian government – Nilaya Mitash, Joint Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance
• On behalf of Maharashtra government - Kiran Kumar Dinkarrao Gitte, Deputy Secretary, Water Supply and Sanitation Department on behalf of Government of Maharashtra