The Indian Boxing Council (IBC) in the second week of October 2016 was inducted into the World Boxing Organisation (WBO) with voting rights. The decision was taken at the WBO's annual convention at Puerto Rico.
The Indian Boxing Council is a licensing body for the country's professional boxers.
About World Boxing Organisation
• The World Boxing Organization is a sanctioning organization that recognizes professional boxing world champions.
• It is recognized by the International Boxing Hall of Fame (IBHOF) as one of the four major world championship groups. The other groups are the World Boxing Association (WBA), World Boxing Council (WBC), and International Boxing Federation (IBF).
• The WBO's headquarters are located in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
• The WBO started after a group of Puerto Rican and Dominican businessmen broke out of the WBA's 1988 annual convention in Isla Margarita, Venezuela over disputes regarding what rules should be applied.
• Its first president was Ramon Pina Acevedo of the Dominican Republic.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.