A software industry veteran Ajei Gopal on 30 August 2016 was named the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of a leading US company ANSYS.
Gopal will take over the charge of the Pennsylvania-based company with effect from 1 January 1 2017.
James Cashman, who has served as ANSYS’ CEO since 2000, will become Chairman of the Board of Directors, effective from January 2017.
Who is Ajei Gopal?
• Gopal began his career as a member of the technical staff at Bell Communications Research.
• He has served as a member of the ANSYS Board since 2011.
• Previously, he served as interim president and COO at California-based technology company Symantec.
• He was senior vice president and general manager at Hewlett-Packard from 2011.
• He worked at IBM from 1991 to 2000.
• He has 23 US patents to his name.
• He has obtained a doctorate in computer science from Cornell University. He holds a bachelor’s degree from the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay.
• ANSYS produces engineering simulation software used for testing product designs across a wide spectrum of industries including rockets and wearable technology.
• The company was founded in 1970 by John A. Swanson as Swanson Analysis Systems, Inc (SASI).
• SASI developed its business in parallel with the growth in computer technology and engineering needs.
• In 1994, SASI was sold to TA Associates.
• The new owners took SASI’s leading software, called ANSYS, as their flagship product and designated ANSYS, Inc. as the new company name.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App