Jacques Rogge of Belgium on 10 September 2013 retired from the post of the President of International Olympic Committee (IOC). He has served IOC as its President from 6 July 2001 to 10 September 2013. He was the eighth President of IOC. He was succeeded by Thomas Bach of Germany.
About Jacques Rogge
• By profession, he was an Orthopaedic surgeon.
• He joined IOC as its member in 1991 and Executive Board member in 1998.
His sports career
• He competed in the yachting competitions at the Games of the Olympiad in Mexico in 1968, Munich in 1972 and Montreal in 1976.
• He was also a member of the Belgian National Rugby Team. Jacques Rogge has also served as the President of the Belgian National Olympic Committee from 1989 to 1992.
• He became President of the European Olympic Committee in 1989
Who: Jacques Rogge
When: 10 September 2013