The Jaipur and Srinagar Airport bagged the first and second rank respectively in the category of 2-5 million passengers on 17 October
2017 in Airport Service Quality (ASQ)-Airport Council International (ACI) survey.
Jaipur won the Best Airport in the World in the traffic volume of 2 to 5 million passengers for the second consecutive year. It had received the award in the same category in 2016 as well.
The awards were presented during the 27th ACI Africa/world annual general assembly, conference and exhibition at Port Louis in Mauritius. Airports Authority of India (AAI) Chairman, Guruprasad Mohapatra and member operations I N Murthy received the award.
About Airport Service Quality (ASQ)-Airport Council International (ACI) Survey
• ASQ Survey takes into account highest passenger satisfaction ratings in the Survey.
• It assesses passengers at the airports on their day of travel, making it the only worldwide programme to do so.
• It delivers over 600,000 individual surveys in 41 languages in 84 countries every year.
• It surveys passenger’s satisfaction on 34 key performance indicators ranging from airport access, security screening, restrooms to check-in and restaurant among others.
• It also evaluates sharing of best practices among airport operators.
• Each airport uses the same criteria for conducting the survey allowing a comparison of database to other airports around the world.
When: 17 October 2017