The Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba on 14 November 2017 released ‘Joint Training Doctrine Indian Armed Forces 2017’.
It is for the first time in the history of the Armed Forces that Joint Training Doctrine has been publicized.
• The aim of the Doctrine is to promote synergy and integration amongst the three Services- Army, Navy and Air force for enhanced efficiency and optimum utilisation of resources.
• It brings out the approach towards joint training at macro-level, fundamentals, objectives, joint structures, planning, organisation amongst other aspects presently in use in the Armed Forces.
• It includes ‘Joint Training’ as a leverage for promoting diplomacy and for highlighting Civil - Military interface issues.
• It will basically serve as a foundation and knowledge base from which specific directives and strategies will be issued by the Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee to the Headquarters Integrated Defence Staff (HQ IDS) and Service HQs.
• This Doctrine will be further developed in due course as Doctrines are always evolving in for the policy makers, armed forces personnel, academia, etc.
When: 14 November 2017