Justice Deepak Gupta sworn-in as Chief Justice of Chhattisgarh High Court
Justice Deepak Gupta earlier served as the Chief Justice of the Tripura High Court.
Justice Deepak Gupta on 16 May 2016 was sworn-in as the new Chief Justice of the Chhattisgarh High Court.
Chhattisgarh Governor Balram Das Tandon administered the oath of office to Justice Gupta at a function at Raj Bhawan in Raipur.
Justice Gupta earlier served as the Chief Justice of the Tripura High Court.
Who is Justice Deepak Gupta?
• Justice Deepak Gupta was born on 7 May 1955 in Nurpur in Kangra District in a family of lawyers.
• He received his Law degree from the Delhi University in 1978.
• He started practicing in the High Court of Himachal Pradesh from 1978 and continued till 2004.
• He was elevated as Judge of the High Court of Himachal Pradesh and was administered the oath of office on 4 October 2004.
• He remained Acting Chief Justice of the Himachal Pradesh High Court twice.
• He took oath as the first Chief Justice of Tripura High Court on 23 March 2013.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App