Justice Deepak Gupta on 16 May 2016 was sworn-in as the new Chief Justice of the Chhattisgarh High Court.
Chhattisgarh Governor Balram Das Tandon administered the oath of office to Justice Gupta at a function at Raj Bhawan in Raipur.
Justice Gupta earlier served as the Chief Justice of the Tripura High Court.
Who is Justice Deepak Gupta?
• Justice Deepak Gupta was born on 7 May 1955 in Nurpur in Kangra District in a family of lawyers.
• He received his Law degree from the Delhi University in 1978.
• He started practicing in the High Court of Himachal Pradesh from 1978 and continued till 2004.
• He was elevated as Judge of the High Court of Himachal Pradesh and was administered the oath of office on 4 October 2004.
• He remained Acting Chief Justice of the Himachal Pradesh High Court twice.
• He took oath as the first Chief Justice of Tripura High Court on 23 March 2013.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Justice Deepak Gupta
When: 16 May 2016
Chhattisgarh Election Results 2018: Congress claims majority by winning 68 seats; puts an end to Raman Singh era
Chhattisgarh to rename Naya Raipur as Atal Nagar
Startup India Yatra launched in Chhattisgarh
Chhattisgarh government approves merger of shikshakarmi with state school education department