Manipur Governor Vinod Kumar Duggal resigned
Vinod Kumar Duggal resigned as Manipur Governor on 28 August 2014.
Vinod Kumar Duggal resigned as Manipur Governor on 28 August 2014. He was appointed as governor of Manipur by President Pranab Mukherjee on 23 December 2013.
Thus, Vinod Kumar Duggal became the ninth governor to resign since the NDA Government came to power in May 2014. Eight other governors -- M.K. Narayanan (West Bengal), Ashwani Kumar (Nagaland), B.L. Joshi (UP), B.V. Wanchoo (Goa) Shekhar Dutt (Chhattisgarh), Sheila Dikshit (Kerala), V Purushothaman (Mizoram), K. Sankaranarayanan (Maharashtra) had resigned before.
Vinod Kumar Duggal
• Vinod Kumar Duggal is a 1968 batch IAS officer.
• He served as a Home Secretary from 2005-2007.
• In 2009, he was appointed as a member-secretary of the Srikrishna committee on Telangana.
• He is also a member of the Justice Punchhi Commission on Centre-State relations
• Along with the responsibility to serve as Governor of Manipur, he was given additional responsibility as Governor of Mizoram as the governor Kamla Beniwal was sacked on 8 August 2014.
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group