Manmohan Singh released a Postage Stamp in memory of Lala Jagat Narayan
Manmohan Singh released postage stamp in memory of Lala Jagat Narayan. He was a freedom fighter and a congress leader.
Manomohan Singh, the Prime Minister of India on 9 September 2013 released a Postage Stamp in the memory of the freedom fighter and former Member of Parliament, Lala Jagat Narayan. The postage stamp was released in New Delhi.
About Lala Jagat Narayan
• He was a leader of Congress Party
• In the pre-independent India; he acted as the Personal Secretary of Lala Lajpat Rai
• He also served as the editor of the Bhai Parmanand’s weekly Hindi newspaper, Akashvani
• As per the White Paper released by the Government of India, Narayan was killed in September 1981, in an assassination for criticizing, Bhindrawale
• He was born on 31 May 1899