Majorca, Spain: The Melia brand of hotels of Spain, in the third week of August 2013 unveiled the new Social Wave House (also called new Sol Wave House) in vacation resort island of Majorca as the first Twitter Hotel of the world. The unique feature of the hotel is that it amalgamates the real as well as virtual worlds for creating a completely new experience.
Special features of the Social Wave House (the Twitter Hotel)
• The Social Wave House allows everyone in the hotel to connect to their own social community for meeting, interacting, having fun, experiencing, flirting, tweeting as well as much more.
• The hotel also has the dedicated Twitter Party Suite and Twitter concierge which include concierge assistance during visitors’ stay in the hotel.
• The guests can communicate with the check-in desk as well as hotel staff through #SocialWave hashtag.
• The room service, drink by pool or other services can be requested by making use of the hashtag (#).
• The official Twitter account of the hotel, @SolWaveHouse, at present has 950 followers.
• The guests are allowed to register by making use of their Twitter accounts.
• The Wi-Fi network of the hotel can be accessed by making use of the mobile devices.
• The rooms of the hotel have been designed in blue-and-white décor in order to match the Twitter’s colour scheme.
• The minibar fridges in the rooms of the hotel can be restocked by tweeting #FillMyFridge request to the Twitter concierge.
• Guests checking into one of the four suites are greeted with blue balloons, liquorice in the shape of the hash symbol and champagne.
• The target audience of the hotel is primarily youth.
• The services of the hotel are geared around mobile telephony, beach and music.