Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on 7 June 2016 appointed a judicial commission to probe into the recent Mathura violence hours.
The Judicial commission will be headed by retired Allahabad High Court judge Justice Mirza Imtiyaz Murtaza. It has been asked to submit its report in two months.
The commission was formed after the Supreme Court refused to entertain a plea seeking a CBI probe into the incident.
Course of Action for the Judicial Commission
• The commission has been mandated to conduct the inquiry on six points of reference.
• Among other aspects it will find out the reasons because of which such a big incident occurred, the lapses on the part of police and intelligence failure if any.
• It will look into the plan and preparedness of district administration and its effectiveness.
Meanwhile, the administrative inquiry by Aligarh commissioner has been disbanded.
Matura Violence of Uttar Pradesh
Mathura Violence or can be termed as an armed conflict at Jawahar Bagh public park, led to death of at least 24 people including a Superintendent of Police (City) Mukul Dwivedi and SHO Santosh Kumar, started on 2 June 2016.
Cause behind the violence
The violence started after the state police on Allahabad High Court’s order tried to evict the group, named as Swadhin Bharat Vidhik Satyagrah, from the Jawahar Bagh (a public park) which was captured by them Since April 2014.
The group led by Ram Vriksh Yadav, once a follower of Jai Gurudev, was running a parallel government, with complete administration, revenue and armed forces, within the 200-acre park.
Demands of Swadhin Bharat Vidhik Satyagrah
Swadhin Bharat arrived in Mathura from Sagar district of Madhya Pradesh in April 2014. Jawahar Park was a place of halt, when they were heading to Delhi to stage a protest at Jantar Mantar.
They stayed in the park after seeking permission to stay in it for a couple of day, but the halt never ended and continued over the time. They had several irrational demands like
• It was seeking a complete overhaul of the British-inspired political system
• It demanded annulling the election of the President and Prime Minister
• Replacement of the current Indian currency by Indian National Army currency (Azad Hind Bank currency)
• Sale of 40-60 litres of fuel for a rupee
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 7 June 2016