Mumbai Indians on 21 May 2017 defeated Rising Pune Supergiant by 1 run to clinch the tenth edition of the Indian Premier League. It is the third time that the Mumbai Indians clinched the IPL winner title.
With the win, Mumbai Indians became the first team to win three IPL titles.
Krunal Pandya of Mumbai Indians was declared the Man of the Match.
Sunrisers Hyderabad’s David Warner was termed the leading runscorer of the tournament with 641 runs. Bhuvneshwar Kumar of Sunrisers Hyderabad was the leading wicket-taker of the tournament with 26 wickets.
About Mumbai Indians
• The Mumbai Indians is a franchise cricket team in the Indian Premier League.
• The franchise is owned by India's biggest conglomerate, Reliance Industries, through its 100% subsidiary IndiaWin Sports.
• The team won its first IPL title in 2013 by defeating Chennai Super Kings by 23 runs in the final. They won their second IPL title on 24 May 2015 by defeating the Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs in the final.
About Indian Premier League
• The Indian Premier League is a professional Twenty20 cricket league in India.
• The league was founded by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
• It is the most-attended cricket league in the world and ranks sixth among all sports leagues.
• In 2010, the IPL became the first sporting event in the world to be broadcast live on YouTube.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.