Muthunayagam and Saraswat to be awarded with Aryabhatta Award by the ASI
The Astronautical Society of India selected Dr. A.E. Muthunayagam and Dr. V.K. Saraswat for Aryabhatta Award 2010 and 2011
The Astronautical Society of India (ASI) in the last week of December 2012 announced names of former secretary of the Department of Ocean Development, Dr. A.E. Muthunayagam and Dr. V.K. Saraswat, Scientific Adviser to the Defence Minister for prestigious Aryabhatta Award for the year 2010 and 2011 respectively. The two have been selected for the achievement in rocketry.
Dr. G. Satheesh Reddy an associate Director of Research Centre Imarat Hyderabad and P. Kunhikrishnan of the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Thiruvananthapuram would receive ASI Awards for rocket and rocket related technologies for the year 2010 and 2011 respectively.
Dr. A.E. Muthunayagam
• Served as a director for the Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre, ISRO
• He served the Department of Atomic Energy as head of a committee to look into safety issues related to the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project in Tamil Nadu in 2011
Dr. V.K. Saraswat
• Director-general of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and was an architect for the interceptor missile Agni and Prithvi programme
G. Satheesh Reddy
• He is a specialist in navigation system and is the person who developed Avionics, with ring laser gyroscope based navigation system as well as the fibre-optic gyroscope-based inertial navigation system
• He has served as a Mission Director for different Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV)