The Minister of State for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik on 22 December 2016 formally inaugurated the North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda and Homoeopathy (NEIAH) in Shillong, Meghalaya.
The objective of the NEIAH is to provide good quality medical graduates in traditional medicine generate employment and promote tourism in the North East.
About North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda and Homoeopathy (NEIAH)
• It is an autonomous Institute under Union Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH).
• With this inauguration, the institute has become the second Ayurvedic College in the North East Region with a Homeopathy college.
• It is the only Central Academic Institute of AYUSH in the North East Region.
• Its primary aim is to produce quality human resource in the area of AYUSH in general and the Ayurveda and Homeopathy in particular.
• The establishment of this Institute will solve the problem of scarcity of doctors in remote areas of the North Eastern regions to a great extent.
• The institute will suitably help in implementing and improving the execution of national health policies.
• The NEIAH helps in preserving folk and traditional health practices of the region which is home to rich flora.
• It helps in scientific validation of these health practices based on ethnobotanical and scientific research with practical suitability for clinical practices.
• The research and development activities of the institute will help in the development of herbal-agro based industry which ultimately promotes the cultivation of medicinal plants in this region.
• The establishment of the institute is a boon for this region which is most climatically suitable for a large number of medicinal plants from high altitude to mid-level altitude of the hilly areas.
• The NEIAH will also work with priority to popularize Panchakarma and Yoga along with the production of skilled para-medical staff.
• Promotion of Panchakarma therapy for curative, preventive and promotional areas boost health care sector as well as promote health tourism industries.
When: 22 December 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.