Paradip Port was conferred with the Major Port of the Year award for its excellent performance in the year 2012-13. The award was received by SS Mishra, Chairman, Paradip Port Trust, at the SCOPE International Conference & Exhibition 2013 held in Chennai.
Paradip Port Trust (PPT) handled 56.55 million tonnes of traffic in the year 2012-13. There is an increase from 54.25 million tonnes of traffic in 2011-12. During 2012-13, the port also added 22 million tonnes of capacity, thus bringing the total to 102 million tonnes.
It is important to note that the Paradip Port was also adjudged as the Major Port of the Year during 2009-10 at the Annual Indian Maritime Gateway Awards 2010 ceremony organised by Gateway Media Private Ltd.
About the Paradip Port
• Paradip Port is one of the major Indian ports that serve the Eastern and Central parts of the country.
• Its vicinity extends to the states of Odisha, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar.
• The port primarily deals with the bulk cargos as well as clean cargos.
• From the past 10 years, there has been an exceptional growth in the traffic handled by the Paradip Port.
• The port carries out the operations 24x7x365.
• Paradip Port is equipped with latest equipments as well as technology.
Who: Paradip Port
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.