Haryana Government on 29 July 2016 launched Pashudhan Bima Yojana in Jhajjar. The Yojna was launched by the state’s Animal Husbandry and Dairying Minister, O P Dhankar.
The Yojna was started in accordance to the recommendations made in Swaminathan Report.
Dhankar said that the Animal Husbandry and Dairying Department has set a target to cover one lakh cattle under Pashudhan Bima Yojana.
Highlights of the Yojna
• It will provide insurance cover to cattle breeders in the state at different premium rates for different animals.
• Insurance cover will be provided at a premium of 100 rupees for cows, buffaloes, bulls, camels.
• Insurance cover will be provided at a premium of 25 rupees for sheep, goat and pig for a period of three years.
• Under it, the insurance companies would give compensation in case of death of animal (cattle).
• The scheme is free of cost for cattle breeders from the scheduled castes.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.