PM Narendra Modi on 14 April 2016 launched 'Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyan' at Mhow, Madhya Pradesh. The Abhiyan (campaign) was launched on the 125th birth anniversary of Babasaheb Ambedkar at his birthplace to strengthen Panchayati Raj in villages and ensure social harmony in villages.
The campaign also seeks to promote rural development and foster farmers’ welfare and livelihoods to poor.
The 11-day campaign (from 14 April to 24 April 2016) will focus on generating nationwide efforts on promoting the aim of the programme. The campaign will be run jointly by the Ministries of Rural Development, Agriculture, Social Justice, Labour and Information and Broadcasting along with the States.
“Gramoday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyan” includes
• It will be conducted across the country, beginning with the Birth Anniversary of Dr. BR Ambedkar on 14 April 2016, culminating in “National Panchayati Raj Day” on 24 April 2016.
• The aim of this campaign is to make nationwide efforts to strengthen Panchayati Raj and through it, boost social harmony in the villages, promote rural development and foster farmers’ welfare & livelihoods of the poor.
• Prime Minister will address all Gram Sabhas on 24 April 2016 and the address will be telecast and aired to all villages across the country, and villagers will gather together to hear it.
• During the campaign, various Panchayat level and national level programmes will be held across the country.
The Panchayat level programmes are:
(1) Social Harmony Programme: 14 to 16 April 2016
I. On the occasion of the 125th Birth Anniversary of Dr. BR Ambedkar, in all Gram Panchayats, people will pay homage to Dr. Ambedkar and villagers will resolve to strengthen social harmony in the village.
II. Dr. Ambedkar's life and his views about National unity will be discussed, and literature regarding Dr. Ambedkar will be distributed.
III. On this day, information about the schemes run by the government to promote social equity will be given. Exhibitions will also be organized.
(2) Gram Kisan Sabha from 17 to 20 April 2016
Meeting of farmers will be organized in every Gram Panchayat. Information regarding schemes in the agriculture sector will be given in the farmers’ meetings. Suggestions to improve agriculture will be invited from farmers.
(3) Gram Sabha or Village Assembly from 21 to 24 April 2016
To celebrate the National Panchayati Raj Day, Gram Sabhas will be held in each Gram Panchayat on any day between these four days.
(4) As preparatory activities, the following would be undertaken:
I. Prabhat Pheri
II. Clean Drinking Water and Sanitation Campaign
III. Cultural Programmes
IV. Sports competitions
The following matters would be considered in the Gram Sabhas:
I. Gram Panchayat Development Plan for local economic development
II. Proper utilization of funds by Panchayats
III. Safe drinking water and sanitation
IV. The role of women in rural development
V. Social inclusion including welfare of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, persons with disabilities and other marginalized groups
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 14 April 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.