Union Minister of Railways & Coal Piyush Goyal on 14 November 2017 released a comprehensive training programme named as “Project Saksham” for imparting training to all employees of Indian Railways with a view to upgrade their skill and knowledge.
The focus of this week-long training is to boost productivity and efficiency.
Highlights of the 'Project Saksham'
• Under 'Project Saksham', all employees in each zone will be given a week-long training in skills and knowledge relevant to their work area for over next one year.
• General Managers will prioritise the training need for each category of employees based on the needs of respective zone.
• Identification of training needs and formulation of planned training calendar will be completed by 31 December 2017, ensuring that each employee is imparted training.
• With growing rail network, new trains, different high quality services designed by the Indian Railways, it is imperative that the railway employees undergo proper training to deliver superior and safe rail services.
• This training will either be on the job training or classroom training in Railway Training Centre, depending on the nature of training.
• The reporting managers of the employees receiving training will be actively involved in the Pre-training and post training process to ensure that the benefits of training get reflected on the job performance.
• The training will be completed within 9 months and each zone will devise a few metrics to monitor the impact of Project Saksham.
Who: Railways Ministry
When: 14 November 2017