Rajnath Singh approves extension of benefits of Child Care Leave to single male service personnel
Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has made certain amendments to grant Child Care Leave.
Extension of benefits of Child Care Leave (CCL) to single male service personnel has been approved by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh. He has also extended the benefits and certain relaxations of CCL provisions in case of woman officers of defence forces. Defence Minister’s decision came after a recent Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) order extending similar benefits of CCL to civilian employees.
Before this decision, CCL was granted to woman officers only in defence forces. Now, Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has made certain amendments to grant CCL to civilian employees, whereby the CCL granted to woman employees till now has been extended to single male government servants also.
Child Care Leaves for Defence Forces
- Single male service personnel as well as woman officers will be able to avail CCL in respect of child with 40% disability and would be availed without any restriction of age limit of the child.
- A minimum period of CCL that can be availed in each spell has been reduced to 5 days from the earlier limit of 15 days.
DoPT orders for CCL: Civilian employees
- According to the orders of DopT, women employees and single male Govt. employees can avail childcare leave (CCL) for a maximum period of 730 days during entire service for taking care of two eldest surviving children.
- As a general condition, CCL can’t be taken in more than three spells in a calendar year.
- CCL can be availed up to six spells in a calendar year, in the case of single female Government employees.