Ravindra Jadeja became the first Indian bowler since Kumble to top ICC ODI Bowlers Rankings
Ravindra Jadeja on 4 August 2013 became the first Indian bowler to top the bowlers' chart in the latest ICC ODI Player.
Ravindra Jadeja on 4 August 2013 became the first Indian bowler to top the bowlers' chart in the latest ICC ODI Player Rankings after former captain Anil Kumble claimed the top position in the ODI Rankings in 1996.
India’s left-arm spinner Ravindra Jadeja has joined West Indies’ off-spinner Sunil Narine on top of the bowlers’ rankings in the latest Reliance ICC ODI Player Rankings which were released on 4 August 2013 in Dubai.
Ravindra Jadeja has jumped four places to share the number-one spot with Narine after he claimed five wickets from five matches against Zimbabwe (24 July to 3 August 2013) during India Zimbabwe Bilateral series 2013.
Overall, Ravindra Jadeja is the fourth India bowler after Kapil Dev (March 1989), Maninder Singh (December 1987-November 1988) and Kumble to claim the number-one spot in ODIs.
ICC Rankings released on 4 August 2013, the top players are
• Reliance ICC Test Championship Batting Rankings – Hashim Amla- 903 Points
• Reliance ICC Test Championship Bowling Rankings - Dale Steyn -905 Points
• Reliance ICC ODI Championship Batting Rankings - Hashim Amla- 853 Points
• Reliance ICC ODI Championship Bowling Rankings - Ravindra Jadeja- 733 Points
• Reliance ICC ODI Championship Bowling Rankings - Sunil Narine -733 Points