Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani’s Principal Secretary, S Aparna- a senior IAS officer has been appointed as the Executive Director at the World Bank in the United States.
The 1988- batch IAS officer has been appointed to the post for three years. She would be representing four nations- India, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka at the prestigious international body. The information was shared by an order issued by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT).
Aparna would be succeeding S C Garg, who was recently appointed as the Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs in the Union Ministry of Finance.
• The 53-year-old boasts of a vast amount of experience in the field of public finance and economic affairs. She did Infrastructure Development and Financing course from IIM-Bangalore.
• Her efficient handling of the administration led her to be retained by Vijay Rupani as CM’s Principal Secretary when he took over the post in 2016.
• In her three-decade-long career, she has worked with the State finance department on several assignments.
• She served as the collector of Valsad and Bharuch districts following which she was brought back to Gandhinagar where she was first posted in the home department.
• She then served the finance department from January 2001 to March 2002.
• She was then deputed for service under the Central government, where she served the textile and urban development ministries till 2007.
• Post this, she was appointed as the Surat Municipal Commissioner in Gujarat, which gave her the opportunity to execute several exemplary projects and public works.
• She also served in corporations like GSFC and GMDC before she was appointed as the Principal Secretary of the CM under Anandiben Patel’s government in April 2015.
President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Cyprus: Key Highlights
India records best-ever performance at Asian Games 2018: In Detail
Indus Waters Treaty: India, Pakistan agree to undertake Treaty mandated tours on both sides
Vodafone-Idea merger completed; creating India’s largest telecom service provider