Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani’s Principal Secretary, S Aparna- a senior IAS officer has been appointed as the Executive Director at the World Bank in the United States.
The 1988- batch IAS officer has been appointed to the post for three years. She would be representing four nations- India, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka at the prestigious international body. The information was shared by an order issued by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT).
Aparna would be succeeding S C Garg, who was recently appointed as the Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs in the Union Ministry of Finance.
• The 53-year-old boasts of a vast amount of experience in the field of public finance and economic affairs. She did Infrastructure Development and Financing course from IIM-Bangalore.
• Her efficient handling of the administration led her to be retained by Vijay Rupani as CM’s Principal Secretary when he took over the post in 2016.
• In her three-decade-long career, she has worked with the State finance department on several assignments.
• She served as the collector of Valsad and Bharuch districts following which she was brought back to Gandhinagar where she was first posted in the home department.
• She then served the finance department from January 2001 to March 2002.
• She was then deputed for service under the Central government, where she served the textile and urban development ministries till 2007.
• Post this, she was appointed as the Surat Municipal Commissioner in Gujarat, which gave her the opportunity to execute several exemplary projects and public works.
• She also served in corporations like GSFC and GMDC before she was appointed as the Principal Secretary of the CM under Anandiben Patel’s government in April 2015.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Cyprus: Key Highlights
India records best-ever performance at Asian Games 2018: In Detail
Indus Waters Treaty: India, Pakistan agree to undertake Treaty mandated tours on both sides
Vodafone-Idea merger completed; creating India’s largest telecom service provider