The senior most judge of Supreme Court of India, Justice GS Singhvi on 11 December 2013 retired. He retired after a successful tenure of six years as a Judge of Supreme Court of India.
About Justice GS Singhvi
• He was elevated to the Supreme Court and assumed his office on 12 November 2007
• On 17 November 2005 he sworn in as the Chief Justice of the High Court of Andhra Pradesh
• He was transferred to Gujarat High Court as the Judge on 28 February 2005
• On 20 July 1994, he was elevated to the Bench of the Rajasthan High Court and then transferred to Punjab and Haryana High Court on 28 April 1994.
• Till June 1977, he practiced at Rajasthan High Court at Jedhpur and shifted to Jaipur on creation of High Court Bench at Jaipur
• He joined the legal profession under Marudhar Mridul on 28 July 1971
• He graduated in the year 1968 from Jodhpur University
• He passed LL.B. Examination in the year 1971 with Gold Medal from Rajasthan University
• Justice G.S. Singhvi was born at Jodhpur on 12 December 1948
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group
Who: Justice GS Singhvi
Where: Supreme Court of India
When: 11 December 2013
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.