Supreme Court Judge Justice GS Singhvi retired
Justice GS Singhvi of Supreme Court of India retired on 11 December 2013 retired.
The senior most judge of Supreme Court of India, Justice GS Singhvi on 11 December 2013 retired. He retired after a successful tenure of six years as a Judge of Supreme Court of India.
About Justice GS Singhvi
• He was elevated to the Supreme Court and assumed his office on 12 November 2007
• On 17 November 2005 he sworn in as the Chief Justice of the High Court of Andhra Pradesh
• He was transferred to Gujarat High Court as the Judge on 28 February 2005
• On 20 July 1994, he was elevated to the Bench of the Rajasthan High Court and then transferred to Punjab and Haryana High Court on 28 April 1994.
• Till June 1977, he practiced at Rajasthan High Court at Jedhpur and shifted to Jaipur on creation of High Court Bench at Jaipur
• He joined the legal profession under Marudhar Mridul on 28 July 1971
• He graduated in the year 1968 from Jodhpur University
• He passed LL.B. Examination in the year 1971 with Gold Medal from Rajasthan University
• Justice G.S. Singhvi was born at Jodhpur on 12 December 1948
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group