Reliance Power on 5 January 2017 announced the appointment of Suresh Nagarajan as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the company.
At present, Nagarajan is working as the Senior Executive Vice President of Reliance Power. He was elevated to the position of CFO by the Board of Directors at their meeting.
Nagarajan is a Chartered Accountant and Company Secretary. He holds many years of experience in the power sector. He has been associated with Reliance Power since 2006.
About Reliance Power
• Reliance Power Limited is a part of the Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group.
• It was incorporated in January 1995 as Bawana Power Private Limited.
• In February 1995, the name of the company was changed to Reliance Delhi Power Private Limited.
• In July 2007, the company was rechristened as Reliance Power Limited.
• The company was established to develop, construct and operate power projects in the Indian and international markets.
• It is the sole distributor of electricity to consumers in the suburbs of Mumbai.
• The company runs power generation, transmission and distribution businesses in other parts of Maharashtra, Goa and Andhra Pradesh.
• In 2010, Reliance Natural Resources was merged with Reliance Power.
• At present, it is developing 13 medium and large-sized power projects with a combined planned installed capacity of 33480 MW.
Who: Suresh Nagarajan