Suzuki Motor Corp on 29 June 2016 announced the appointment of Toshihiro Suzuki as its next Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The appointment came after Osamu Suzuki announced that he will decline the CEO position to take responsibility for the automaker's use of incorrect testing methods when calculating vehicle mileage.
Who is Toshihiro Suzuki?
• Toshihiro Suzuki is the son of Suzuki Motor Chairman Osamu Suzuki.
• Toshihiro served as a Senior Managing Executive Officer and Senior Managing Director of Suzuki Motor Corp.
• He joined Suzuki Motor Corp. in January 1994.
• He is a graduate from Tokyo University of Science, Japan.
About Suzuki Motor Corporation
• Suzuki Motor Corporation is a Japanese multinational corporation.
• It specializes in manufacturing automobiles, four-wheel drive vehicles, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, outboard marine engines, among others.
• It is headquartered in Minami-ku, Hamamatsu, Japan.
• The company was founded as Suzuki Loom Works by Michio Suzuki in 1909.
• In 1937, Suzuki began a project to diversify into manufacturing small cars.
• In 1954, the company name was changed to Suzuki Motor Co., Ltd.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.