Tamil Nadu on 29 March 2017 defeated India 'B' by 42 runs in the final to clinch the Deodhar Trophy.
The final of the 50-overs cricket tournament was played at the ACA-VDCA stadium in Vishakhapatnam.
Tamil Nadu’s Dinesh Karthik shared a 136-run stand with Narayan Jagadeesan (55) for the fourth wicket which drove Tamil Nadu to 303/9 in 50 overs.
With the victory, Tamil Nadu became the first state side to win the three-team one-day tournament.
About Deodhar Trophy
• The Deodhar Trophy is a List A cricket competition in Indian domestic cricket.
• The tournament is named after Professor D. B. Deodhar, who is known as the Grand Old Man of Indian cricket.
• It is a 50-over knockout competition played on an annual basis.
• The competition was introduced in 1973-74 season and was realigned in the 2015-16 season with the winners of Vijay Hazare Trophy playing two teams India A and India B selected by the BCCI.
• From 2015-16, three Teams play each other in league matches and the top two of the three teams after the league stages clash in the finals.
Government institutes Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar
WCD Ministry observes National Girl Child Day 2019; marks anniversary of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
World Integrated Medicine Forum held to advance global cooperation in Homoeopathy
ECI to host international conference on making elections inclusive and accessible