Tamil Nadu on 29 March 2017 defeated India 'B' by 42 runs in the final to clinch the Deodhar Trophy.
The final of the 50-overs cricket tournament was played at the ACA-VDCA stadium in Vishakhapatnam.
Tamil Nadu’s Dinesh Karthik shared a 136-run stand with Narayan Jagadeesan (55) for the fourth wicket which drove Tamil Nadu to 303/9 in 50 overs.
With the victory, Tamil Nadu became the first state side to win the three-team one-day tournament.
About Deodhar Trophy
• The Deodhar Trophy is a List A cricket competition in Indian domestic cricket.
• The tournament is named after Professor D. B. Deodhar, who is known as the Grand Old Man of Indian cricket.
• It is a 50-over knockout competition played on an annual basis.
• The competition was introduced in 1973-74 season and was realigned in the 2015-16 season with the winners of Vijay Hazare Trophy playing two teams India A and India B selected by the BCCI.
• From 2015-16, three Teams play each other in league matches and the top two of the three teams after the league stages clash in the finals.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.