Current Affairs Today Headline - 25 March 2022
Find here Today's Current Affairs News Headlines by Jagran Josh for 25 March 2022.
- Calcutta High Court to pronounce the order on Rampurhat, Birbhum incident today.
- Delhi Municipal Corporation (Amendment) Bill 2022 to be introduced by Union Home Minister Amit Shah in Lok Sabha today.
- UNGA adopts resolution on Ukraine; 140 countries vote in favour, 5 against and 38 abstain including India.
- India abstained on the resolution since what we require now is to focus on the cessation of hostilities & urgent humanitarian assistance and the draft resolution didn't fully reflect our expected focus on these challenges, said India's Ambassador to the UN TS Tirumurti.
- Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi arrives in India, to meet NSA Ajit Doval and EAM Dr S Jaishankar today around 11 am in Delhi.
- The Rajasthan Public Examination (measures for prevention of unfair means in recruitment) Bill, 2022 passed in state assembly through voice vote . The Bill proposes jail term up to 3 years and a ban from appearing in public exams for 2 years if found guilty.
- Dharavi reports zero active COVID-19 cases, for the first time since April 1, 2020.
- BJP's Phangnon Konyak elected unopposed to the Rajya Sabha, from Nagaland.
- The Appropriation Bill, 2022' passed in the Lok Sabha.
- Karnataka legislative assembly passes a resolution against Tamil Nadu government's resolution related to Mekedatu dam project.
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin leaves for Dubai for a four-day trip to participate in the Dubai expo.
- BJP's Yogi Adityanath elected as the Leader of the Legislative Party in Uttar Pradesh, to be sworn in today in a grand ceremony.
- Indian EdTech company BYJU's is the official sponsor of FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.
- US President Joe Biden warned “we would respond” if Russia uses chemical weapons in Ukraine during a press conference while his Brussels visit for the NATO emergency meeting.
- NATO allies agree to supply weapons to Ukraine to tackle chemical attacks. "We have activated our chemical, biological, and nuclear defence elements" said NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg
- UK to provide 6000 more missiles to Ukraine, adding to the previous 4,000 NLAW's and Javelin missiles already supplied.
- Canada and UK launched bilateral free trade negotiations on March 24th.
- France to probe Interpol head for alleged torture, acts of barbarism: judicial sources
- Canada to boost oil exports to displace Russian energy, especially among the European states, which still heavily depend on the oil coming from Kremlin.
- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken to travel to Israel, West Bank, Morocco and Algeria between March 26-30 to discuss the Ukraine war, Israeli-Palestinian relations and Iran.
- UN General Assembly calls for 'immediate' end to the war in Ukraine
- Ethiopia's government declares "an indefinite humanitarian truce effective immediately" to hasten delivery of emergency aid into the Tigray region, where hundreds of thousands face starvation.
- G7 calls for international organisations to review ties with Russia.
- US to take in up to 100,000 Ukraine war refugees.
- NATO leaders extend term of NATO Chief jens Stoltenberg for an extra year amid Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
- Queen Elizabeth II likely to miss Britain's traditional state opening of parliament for only the third time in her 70-year reign.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS