12 March 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like International Solar Alliance, Sipri report and ITB- Berlin World Tourist Meet among others.
1. Which multi-nation naval exercise at sea began as part of MILAN 2018?
2. The International Solar Alliance recently signed declaration with which organisation to promote solar energy deployment in Asian & Pacific region?
a) Green Climate Fund
b) Asian Development Bank
c) New Development Bank
d) African Development Bank
3. Which state government began Asmita Yojana to provide sanitary napkins at subsidised rates?
4. Which countries co-chaired the first summit of the International Solar Alliance (ISA-2018)?
a) India and Bangladesh
b) Bangladesh and Russia
c) Russia and France
d) France and India
5. Pyare Lal Wadali passed away recently. He belonged to which field?
6. Which government document was made mandatory for availing more than Rs 50 Crore loan?
a) Birth Certificate
c) Aadhaar Card
7. Which village in Ranchi district has become the first alcohol-free village?
8. Which Union Minister has got the additional charge of Civil Aviation Ministry?
a) Nirmala Sitharaman
b) Prakash Javadekar
c) Arun Jaitley
d) Suresh Prabhu
9. India won which award at the ‘ITB- Berlin World Tourist Meet’ that convened recently in Berlin, Germany?
a) Best Tourism Friendly Nation
b) Best Exhibitor Award
c) Best Partner Nation
d) Best Sustainable Destination Award
10. According to Sipri report, which country was the world’s largest importer of major arms in 2013–17?
b) Saudi Arabia
11. According to Sipri report, which country was the world’s largest exporter of major arms in 2013–17?
12. Which state is using drones to speed up the exercise of mapping villages & towns?
b) Uttar Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
1. (a) MILES-18
As part of the MILAN 2018, the first-ever multi-nation naval exercise at sea called MILES-18 has started on March 11, 2018. The exercise will be conducted for three days in the Andaman Sea.
2. (b) Asian Development Bank
The International Solar Alliance (ISA) has recently signed a cooperation arrangement with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to promote solar energy deployment in Asia and the Pacific on March 10, 2018. The cooperation envisages solar power generation, solar based mini-grids and transmission systems for integrating solar energy into grids.
3. (c) Maharashtra
The Maharashtra government started Ashmita Yojana under which sanitary napkins at subsidised rates will be provided to rural girls and women across the state. As stated by state government, the scheme will emerge as a model scheme for the country.
4. (d) France and India
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and French President Emmanuel Macron co-chaired the first Founding Conference of International Solar Alliance (ISA) at the Rashtrapati Bhawan Cultural Centre in New Delhi on March 11, 2018. The purpose of the summit is to focus on various aspects of promoting solar energy in 121 countries that are part of the International Solar Alliance.
5. (a) Music
Pyare Lal Wadali, the famous Sufi singer, passed away in Amritsar, Punjab on March 9, 2018. He was the younger of the singers of legendary Sufi set Wadali Brothers.
6. (b) Passport
Passport details will be made mandatory for availing loans more than Rs 50 crore from state run banks. This move came following the detection of the Rs 12636 crore scam at Punjab National Bank.
7. (c) Banlotwa
Banlotwa has become the first 'alcohol-free' village in Ranchi district. Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghuvar Das lauded the residents for achieving this feat and gave Rs 1 lakh cash to the village head, following his announcement two years ago that any village becoming alcohol-free would be given the money for its development.
8. (d) Suresh Prabhu
Commerce and Industries Minister Suresh Prabhu was on March 10, 2018 given the additional charge of the Civil Aviation Ministry, a day after the resignation of Ashok Gajapathi Raju of the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) was accepted by President Ram Nath Kovind.
9. (b) Best Exhibitor Award
India won the ‘Best Exhibitor Award’ at the ‘ITB –Berlin World Tourist Meet’, which convened at Berlin, Germany from March 7-10, 2018. India's Ministry of Tourism presented a short film named “Yogi of the Racetrack” in the meet. The short film got 3.2 million hits in 60 hours.
10. (a) India
According to the latest Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (Sipri) report, India was the world’s largest importer of major arms in 2013–17 and accounted for 12 per cent of the global total. India’s imports increased by 24 per cent between 2008–12 and 2013–17.
11. (b) US
The US arms exports in 2013–17 accounted for the highest in the world, 58 per cent higher than those of Russia—the second largest arms exporter in that period. The nation supplied major arms to 98 states in the period between 2013–17 and nearly half of the exports went to the war-stricken states in the Middle East.
12. (c) Maharashtra
The Maharashtra government has begun using drones mounted with high resolution cameras to speed up the exercise of mapping villages and towns in the state. Mapping was earlier carried out manually, but the induction of the drone technology has initiated a change in the way the massive exercise was undertaken.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.