23 March 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like launch of Ayushman Bharat, first Indian Sign Language Dictionary and National Security Adviser to US President Donald Trump among others.
1. Which city topped the Mercer Quality of Living Survey 2018?
2. When is the World Down syndrome Day observed every year?
a) 20 March
b) 21 March
c) 22 March
d) 23 March
3. The Union Cabinet approved the inclusion of the communities ‘Parivara and Talawara’ as synonym of “Nayaka’ in the list of STs in which state?
a) Tamil Nadu
4. The Union Cabinet approved the launch of Ayushman Bharat -National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM). The scheme will have a benefit cover of what amount?
a) Rs 2 Lakh
b) Rs 3 Lakh
c) Rs 4 Lakh
d) Rs 5 Lakh
5. India signed a Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) with which Asian country recently?
a) Hong Kong
6. Union cabinet approved the moving amendments in the "Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill. The Bill was introduced in which year?
7. Which Indian naval warship was decommissioned on March 23, 2018?
a) INS Ganga
b) INS Godavari
c) INS Yamuna
d) INS Satluj
8. The BCCI has given which cricketer a clean chit on the match-fixing allegations reported against him?
a) Ravindrasinh Jadeja
b) Mohammed Shami
c) Hardik Pandya
d) Umesh Yadav
9. The Union Government has launched the first Indian Sign Language Dictionary comprising how many words?
10. The United States has announced 60 billion dollar tariffs on which nation for its alleged unfair trade practices?
a) North Korea
11. Who has been appointed as the new National Security Adviser to US President Donald Trump?
a) Rex Tillerson
b) Mike Pence
c) Joe Biden
d) John R Bolton
12. The Union Government has decided to declare 2018 as the year of which cereal crop?
1. (a) Vienna
According to Mercer’s 20th annual Quality of Living survey 2018, Vienna has topped the ranking among 231 cities for the 9th consecutive year. It is followed by Switzerland’s Zurich, while New Zealand’s Auckland and Germany’s Munich tied for third place.
2. (b) 21 March
The World Down syndrome Day is observed every year on March 21 to raise public awareness about the syndrome and well being of people with Down syndrome. The 2018 theme “What I Bring To My Community” demonstrates that how people with Down syndrome can and do make meaningful contributions throughout their lives.
3. (c) Karnataka
The Union Cabinet approved the inclusion of the communities ‘Parivara’ and Talawara’ as synonym of “Nayaka’ at SI. No. 38 in the list of STs of Karnataka. With this, the persons belonging to “Parivara’ and Talawara’ communities will be eligible to get the Scheduled Tribe (ST) certificate from the State of Karnataka.
4. (d) Rs 5 Lakh
The Union Cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the launch of Ayushman Bharat -National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM) in New Delhi on March 21, 2018. The scheme has the benefit cover of Rs 5 lakh per family per year. The target beneficiaries under the scheme will be over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families.
5. (a) Hong Kong
India and Hong Kong signed a double taxation avoidance agreement (DTAA) that seeks to improve transparency in tax matters and help curb tax evasion and avoidance. The agreement between India and the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) of the People's Republic of China was signed by Indian Ambassador to China Gautam Bambawale and Hong Kong Finance Secretary Paul Chan Mo-po in Hong Kong.
6. (b) 2016
The Union Cabinet has given its approval for moving official amendments in the "Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016". The Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 proposes to regulate surrogacy in India by establishing National Surrogacy Board at the central level and, State Surrogacy Boards and Appropriate Authorities in the States and Union Territories.
7. (a) INS Ganga
INS Ganga, an indigenously built frigate of the Indian Navy, was decommissioned in Mumbai on March 22, 2018, after over three decades of service. The warship, which was commissioned on December 30, 1985, represented a big step forward in the nation's warship building capability. The poignant and impressive ceremony that was attended by several officers saw the frigate hauled down for the last time at sunset.
8. (b) Mohammed Shami
The Board of Control for Cricket in India has cleared Indian pacer Mohammed Shami's central contract after its Anti-Corruption Unit (ACU) freed him of corruption charges levelled by his wife Hasin Jahan. Shami has been given a Grade 'B' annual retainership contract, which will fetch him 3 crore rupees.
9. (c) 3000
The Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, Thaawarchand Gehlot on March 23, 2 018 launched the first Indian Sign Language (ISL) dictionary containing 3000 words at a function in Delhi. The main aim of developing the dictionary is to remove the communication barriers between the deaf and hearing communities, as it is focused on providing more information in Indian sign language.
10. (b) China
US President Donald Trump has announced 60 billion US dollar tariffs on China for its alleged unfair trade practices. The move is seen as a direct shot in a brewing trade war between the world's two biggest economies.
11. (d) John R Bolton
Former US Ambassador to the United Nations John R Bolton has been appointed as the new National Security Adviser to US President Donald Trump. Bolton would be assuming his role from April 9, 2018, replacing Lt Gen H R McMaster.
12. (a) Millet
The Union government has decided to declare 2018 as 'National Year of Millets to boost the cultivation of millets like ragi and jowar on a mission mode to achieve nutritional security. Millet cultivation has declined in India due to change in dietary habits and unavailability of millets. As a result of this, level of nutrients like proteins, Vitamin-A, iron and iodine are falling in women and children.