26 February 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Ombudsman Scheme for NBFCs, death of Sridevi and International Conference on Sustainable Biofuels among others.
1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) recently launched the Ombudsman Scheme for which organisations?
a) Non-Banking Financial Companies
b) Banking Sector
c) Mutual Funds
d) Insurance Companies
2. The International Conference on Sustainable Biofuels (ICSB-2018) was organized in which city?
b) New Delhi
3. Kunwar Bai, the brand ambassador of Swachch Bharat Abhiyaan passed away recently. She belonged to which state?
d) Madhya Pradesh
4. RBI asked all the commercial banks in the country to link Core Banking Solution (CBS) with which banking system by April 30, 2018?
a) Electronic Banking
c) Blockchain technology
5. Name the legendary Bollywood actress who died in Dubai recently.
b) Reema Lagoo
c) Pratyusha Banerjee
d) Avav Mukherjee
6. Which country will host the 2018 SAARC Business Leaders’ Conclave?
a) Sri Lanka
7. Aruna Budda Reddy created history by becoming the first Indian gymnast to win an individual medal at the 2018 Gymnastics World Cup. She belongs to which city?
8. India signed USD 84 million loan with which organisation for improvement and expansion of water supply in Bihar?
a) World Bank
b) United Nations
c) International Monetary Fund
d) Asian Development Bank
9. Which country is not a part of the TAPI gas pipeline?
10. Which nuclear capable surface-to-surface missile was successfully test-fired from a ship in Bay of Bengal?
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
1. (a) Non-Banking Financial Companies
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has launched Ombudsman Scheme for redressal of complaints against the Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs). The scheme will provide a cost-free and expeditious complaint redressal mechanism relating to deficiency in the services by NBFCs covered under the scheme.
2. (b) New Delhi
The International Conference on Sustainable Biofuels (ICSB-2018) is jointly being organized by Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India on behalf of Mission Innovation and Biofuture Platform in New Delhi from February 26-27, 2018.
3. (c) Chhattisgarh
Kunwar Bai (106), the brand ambassador of Swachch Bharat, passed away at Raipur, Chhattisgarh on February 23, 2018. Kunwar Bai was in the national news as a mascot for Swachch Bharat campaign; she sold all her goats to construct a toilet at her home.
4. (d) SWIFT
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has directed banks to link the SWIFT (Society for World Interbank Financial Telecommunication System platform) with the core banking solutions (CBS) of banks by April 30, 2018. The SWIFT system promoted in 1973 by banks globally is used to transmit messages relating to cross border financial transactions.
5. (a) Sridevi
Bollywood’s legendary and veteran actor Sridevi passed away on February 24, 2018 due to cardiac arrest in Dubai. She was 54. Sridevi made her Bollywood debut as a child artist at the age of 12 in “Julie” (1975). In 1978 she played the lead role in "Solva Sawan".
6. (b) Nepal
The 2018 SAARC Business Leaders’ Conclave will be held in Kathmandu, Nepal from March 16 to 18, with an objective to promote investment, innovation and entrepreneurship in the region. The bi-annual event of the SAARC Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SAARC-CCI) is going to be held in Nepal for the second time.
7. (c) Hyderabad
Aruna Budda Reddy, who hails from Hyderabad, has competed at the 2018 Gymnastics World Cup and created history after becoming the first Indian gymnast to win a medal in an individual event at the Gymnastics World Cup.
8. (d) Asian Development Bank
India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) have signed a $84 million loan for improvement and expansion of water supply in Bhagalpur and Gaya towns in Bihar. This is the second tranche of ADB’s $200 million Multi-tranche Financing Facility (MFF) for Bihar Urban Development Investment Programme, which was approved in 2012.
9. (a) Turkey
Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India on February 24, 2018 ceremonially united for an ambitious multi-billion dollar TAPI gas pipeline expected to help ease energy deficits in South Asia. The four countries aim to complete the 1840-kilometre (1,143-mile) pipeline and begin pumping natural gas from Turkmenistan’s giant Galkynysh gas field by the beginning of 2020.
10. (b) Dhanush
The Indian armed forces on February 24, 2018 successfully test fired nuclear-capable surface-to-surface ballistic missile Dhanush from a naval warship positioned in the Bay of Bengal. The trial was conducted by the Strategic Forces Command (SFC) of the Navy from an undisclosed location nearly 45 km from the Paradip coast.