28 March 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Gallantry awards, new CEO of Ayushman Bharat mission and ISA agreement among others.
1. The International Solar Alliance recently signed the Host Country Agreement with which country?
2. Which state has the most number of beggars, as per data released by Union ministry of Social Justice?
a) Andhra Pradesh
b) West Bengal
d) Uttar Pradesh
3. Which country proposed 10 years' jail for publishers of fake news?
b) Sri Lanka
4. The Election commission recently announced elections date of which state?
b) West Bengal
5. Which company acquired GIF search platform Tenor recently?
6. Which country agreed to a Roadmap for addressing Trade Imbalance with China?
7. North Korean leader Kim Jong Un held talks with which nation’s leader recently?
b) South Korea
d) Donald Trump
8. Which high court held that age -old religious customs and practices cannot be stopped casually by government machinery?
a) Delhi High Court
b) Allahabad High Court
c) Bombay High Court
d) Madras High Court
9. The President presented how many Kirti Chakras in the Gallantry award conferral of 2018?
10. How many Shaurya Chakras were conferred posthumously by President Ram Nath Kovind in the recent Gallantry award distribution?
11. Who has been appointed as the CEO of Ayushman Bharat mission?
a) Bharat Mittal
b) Indu Bhushan
c) Sharad Chandra
d) Vineet Jain
12. Which state government has passed a stringent bill to curb organised crime?
c) Uttar Pradesh
Answers with Explanation
1. (a) India
The International Solar Alliance (ISA) and the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) signed the Host Country Agreement in New Delhi on March 26, 2018. The Agreement will give ISA a juridical personality and gives it power to contract, to acquire and dispose movable and immovable properties to institute and defend legal proceedings.
2. (b) West Bengal
As per the data released by Union ministry of Social Justice, 4,13,670 beggars reside in India, including 2,21,673 males and 1,91,997 females beggars. The data revealed that West Bengal has topped the chart with 81,224 beggars, followed by Uttar Pradesh (65,835).
3. (c) Malaysia
The Malaysian government proposed anti-fake news law which would carry a maximum 10-year jail term, including for articles published abroad, sparking fears of a crackdown on dissent as elections loom.
4. (d) Karnataka
The Election Commission announced the single-phase polling schedule for 224-member Karnataka assembly. The Karnataka Assembly elections will be held on May 12, and counting of votes will be held May 15.
5. (a) Google
Technology giant Google acquired US-based Tenor, a GIF platform for Android, iOS, and desktop. Tenor's GIF-searching functionality will be integrated into Google Images and Gboard, the company's virtual keyboard.
6. (b) India
India and China reaffirmed and reiterated their commitments to promote sustainable bilateral trade. They agreed to continue to take forward initiatives identified in Five Year Development Programme for Economic and Trade Cooperation (DPETC) signed between both countries in September 2014.
7. (a) China
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un recently held talks with Chinese President Xi Jinping during his visit to Beijing, which took place from March 25 to 28. The two leaders exchanged views on the situation of the world and the Korean Peninsula.
8. (d) Madras High Court
The Madras High Court has held that centuries-old religious customs and practises cannot be stopped by government machinery by citing administrative inconvenience or anticipated trouble, unless such events become unlawful in present times.
9. (c) Three
The President of India, Ram Nath Kovind conferred Gallantry awards to armed forces personnel at the Defence Investiture Ceremony, held at Rashtrapati Bhawan in New Delhi on March 27, 2018. Three Kirti Chakras and 17 Shaurya Chakras were conferred to armed personnel this year.
10. (b) Five
President Ram Nath Kovind conferred Gallantry awards to armed forces personnel at the Defence Investiture Ceremony, held at Rashtrapati Bhawan in New Delhi on March 27, 2018. This year, three Kirti Chakras and 17 Shaurya Chakras were conferred, among which one Kirti Chakra and five Shaurya Chakras were given posthumously.
11. (b) Indu Bhushan
Indu Bhushan has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of the Union Government’s ambitious Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission. Bhushan is currently the Director General of East Asia Department, Asian Development Bank in Manila, Philippines.
12. (c) Uttar Pradesh
The state assembly of Uttar Pradesh has passed a stringent bill to curb organised crime and deal strictly with those trying to fuel terror. The legislation had to be re-introduced in the assembly, as it could not be passed in the Legislative Council, where the ruling BJP is in minority.