30 May 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like 4th International Yoga Day, Microsoft named as third most valuable firm and CEAT Cricket Ratings awards among others.
1. Which city will host the main event of 4th International Yoga Day celebrations?
2. Who won the International Cricketer of the Year at the CEAT Cricket Ratings awards?
a) MS Dhoni
b) Virat Kohli
c) Shikhar Dhawan
d) Rashid Khan
3. The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) recognized which Indian airport as the world’s first fully solar energy-powered airport?
a) Indira Gandhi International Airport
b) Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
c) Cochin International Airport Ltd
d) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport
4. The 22nd edition of Malabar Exercise will be held in which country?
5. Which state government launched the 'Prakriti Kheti Khushhaal Kisaan Yojana'?
a) Himachal Pradesh
6. Who was sworn-in as the prime minister of Guinea recently?
a) Alpha Conde
b) Ibrahima Kassory Fofana
c) Mamady Youla
d) Janet Jagan
7. Which state’s government has decided to regularise 2, 37,000 contractual teachers?
b) Madhya Pradesh
d) Andhra Pradesh
8. Which nation has been given grant assistance worth Rs 33.10 crore by India for implementation of road projects?
9. Which among the following states attained its full statehood on May 30, 1987?
10. Which company is the most valuable firm globally?
11. Which High Court has issued directions to CBSE to ensure no schools prescribe non-NCERT textbooks?
a) Allahabad High Court
b) Madras High Court
c) Delhi High Court
d) Jaipur High Court
12. The US Capitol would be hosting the first-ever gathering of which community?
1. (a) Dehradun
The main event of 4th International Yoga Day celebrations will be held on June 21, 2018 at Dehradun in Uttrakhand. The 2017 main Yoga Day event was held in Lucknow with PM Modi sharing the stage with Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath.
2. (b) Virat Kohli
Indian cricket team skipper Virat Kohli won the International Cricketer of the Year at the CEAT Cricket Ratings awards in Mumbai on May 28, 2018. Indian opener Shikhar Dhawan was presented the International Batsman of the Year Award, while New Zealand pace sensation Trent Boult won International Bowler of the Year Award.
3. (c) Cochin International Airport Ltd
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) recognized the Cochin International Airport Ltd (CIAL) in Kerala as the world’s first fully solar energy-powered airport. The airport has a 12 MWp solar power plant comprising of 46150 solar panels laid across 45 acres.
4. (d) USA
India, United States and Japan will deploy their frontline military assets off Guam in the Western Pacific from June 6 to June 15 for wide-ranging naval manoeuvres. Guam is a US island territory in Micronesia, in the Western Pacific.
5. (a) Himachal Pradesh
The Himachal Pradesh government recently launched the ‘Prakritik Kheti Khushhaal Kisaan Yojana’ (PKKKY) to promote organic farming. The government will undertake an integrated approach for promoting organic and zero budget natural farming system.
6. (b) Ibrahima Kassory Fofana
Guinea President Alpha Conde has named Ibrahima Kassory Fofana as the country's new prime minister. Fofana, a Conde loyalist and former minister of investment and public-private partnerships, replaces Mamady Youla, who resigned along with his government.
7. (b) Madhya Pradesh
The Madhya Pradesh state government has decided to regularise 2, 37,000 contractual teachers in the state. The decision was taken at a Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on May 29, 2018.
8. (a) Nepal
India has released Rs 33.10 crore to Nepal for two road packages of Birgunj-Thori Road that are being implemented under Postal Highway Projects in Nepal with grant assistance from the Indian Government. The Indian Government has so far released a total of Rs 117.63 crore to the Nepal Government for the implementation of 14 packages of the Postal Highway Projects.
9. (c) Goa
Goa celebrated its Statehood Day on May 30, 2018. The state attained its full statehood on May 30, 1987, after which it was declared as India’s 25th state. Earlier, Goa along with Daman and Diu was a Union Territory for all administrative and governance considerations.
10. (a) Apple
Technology giant Apple with a market capitalization of nearly $924 billion is the most valuable firm globally. Amazon is at a distant second, with nearly $783 billion. Microsoft recently surpassed Google’s parent company Alphabet for the first time in three years to become the third most valuable firm globally.
11. (b) Madras High Court
The Madras High Court on May 29, 2018 issued a direction to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to ensure that even private schools affiliated to it, follow only NCERT textbooks and not those of private publishers.
12. (a) Indian Americans
The US Capitol will for the first time on June 7, 2018 host Indian American elected officials, leaders, philanthropists and some 80 community members running for elected offices in the November mid-term elections.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.