4 January 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like AIIMS at Bilaspur, International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) rankings and MoU between India and Myanmar among others.
1. The Union Cabinet recently approved establishment of AIIMS at which place under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY)?
2. Who inaugurated the online portal ‘NARI’ for women empowerment in New Delhi on 2 January 2018?
a) Nirmala Sitharaman
b) Maneka Sanjay Gandhi
c) Venkaiah Naidu
d) Ram Nath Kovind
3. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 3 January 2017 approved mandatory packaging of foodgrains and sugar in which material?
4. CCEA on 3 January 2018 approved construction, operation and maintenance of 2-lane bi-directional Zojila Tunnel in which state?
a) Himachal Pradesh
c) Arunachal Pradesh
d) Jammu & Kashmir
5. The Union Cabinet on 3 January 2017 approved amendments in the Model Concession Agreement (MCA) to boost which sector?
a) Port Sector
b) Highway Sector
c) Airways Sector
d) Railway Sector
6. Noted vocalist Radha Vishwanathan passed away recently. She belonged to which state?
c) Andhra Pradesh
7. North Korea re-opened a communication channel with which country after months of hostility?
b) South Korea
c) United States
8. Which state has decided to impose a spot fine of Rs 500 for open defecation?
d) Uttar Pradesh
9. Which Indian tennis player is the highest-ranked in the latest International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) rankings?
a) G Sathiyan
b) Sharath Kamal
c) Soumyajit Ghosh
d) Sanil Shetty
10. The Union Cabinet has approved a MoU in the oil and gas sector between India and which nation?
d) Saudi Arabia
11. The Union cabinet has approved an agreement between India and which nation on land border crossing?
12. India has signed a MoU with which nation’s transport body to improve public transport in the country?
1. (a) Bilaspur
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for establishment of new AIIMS in Bilaspur (Himachal Pradesh) under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY). The cost of the project is Rs 1351 crore and will be completed in a period of 48 months.
2. (b) Maneka Sanjay Gandhi
Union Minister of Women & Child Development, Maneka Sanjay Gandhi inaugurated an online portal NARI in New Delhi on 2 January 2018. The portal will provide women citizens with easy access to information on government schemes and initiatives for women.
3. (c) Jute
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 3 January 2017 approved mandatory packaging of foodgrains and sugar in the jute material for the Jute Year 2017-18. The Jute Year 2017-18 period is from 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018.
4. (d) Jammu & Kashmir
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs on 3 January 2018 approved construction, operation and maintenance of 2-lane bi-directional Zojila Tunnel with parallel escape tunnel in Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) on Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) mode.
5. (a) Port Sector
The Union Cabinet on 3 January 2017 approved amendments in the Model Concession Agreement (MCA) to make the Port Projects more investor-friendly and make investments more attractive in the Port Sector.
6. (b) Karnataka
Radha Vishwanathan (83), Carnatic vocalist and former classical dancer, passed away in Bengaluru, Karnataka. She was the daughter of legendary classical singer M S Subbulakshmi.
7. (b) South Korea
North Korea on 3 January 2018 reopened a key cross-border communication channel with South Korea for the first time in nearly two years, as the rivals explore the possibility of sitting down and talking after months of hostility and fears of war. The move signals a possible truce in relations between the two nations.
8. (c) Maharashtra
The state government of Maharashtra has announced a spot fine of 500 rupees for open defecation. In a Government Resolution (GR) issued by the urban development department recently, the state government has empowered various municipal corporations and councils to levy spot fines on people and institutions for littering, spitting and urinating in public places.
9. (a) G Sathiyan
G Sathiyan has become India's highest- ranked player in the latest International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) rankings. Sathiyan, who was nowhere near the top-100 bracket until a few months ago, is the top ranking Indian currently at world No. 49, pushing his compatriot the legendary Sharath Kamal who is at 51 to the second spot. Both these players are followed by Soumyajit Ghosh at rank 58, Harmeet Desai at 60, Sanil Shetty at 68 and Anthony Amalraj at 87.
10. (c) Israel
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 3 January approved the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Israel on cooperation in the Oil and Gas Sector. The agreement is expected to provide impetus to India - Israel ties in the energy sector.
11. (d) Myanmar
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved an agreement between India and Myanmar to allow free movement of people across the land border of the two nations. The agreement aims to facilitate regulation and harmonization of already existing free movement rights for people ordinarily residing in the border areas of both the nations.
12. (a) UK
The Union Cabinet chaired by Narendra Modi has approved the signing and implementation of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Union Ministry of Road Transport & Highways and London’s transportation authority ‘Transport for London’ to improve the overall public transport system in India.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.