The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Uber Technologies Inc. Travis Kalanick in February 2017 quit the US President Donald Trump’s Economic Advisory Council.
The exact reasons for this development are not known. However, it has been speculated that Travis Kalanick was forced to resign from the prestigious council due to pressure from Uber’s customers.
About Trump’s Economic Advisory Council
• The USA President Donald J Trump announced the formation of the Economic Advisory Council in August 2016 during the election campaign for the presidency. The council assists Trump in implementing his economic agenda.
• The council consists of some of the top economists in the USA as well as the most successful industry leaders in finance, real estate and technology.
• Some of the prominent members of the council are – Tom Barrack (Colony Capital), Andy Beal (Beal Bank), Dan DiMicco (Nucor Corporation), Howard M Lorber (Vector Group) and John Paulson (Paulson & Co. Inc).
About Travis Kalanick
• He is an American computer programmer and businessman.
• He is the co-founder of the peer-to-peer file sharing company Red Swoosh and the transportation network company, Uber.
• With an estimated net worth of USD 6 billion, Travis entered the Forbes list of the 400 richest Americans in 2014. He was placed at the 290th position.
When: February 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.