Union Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley on 10 July 2014 presented Union Budget 2014-15. In his maiden budget, the Union Finance Minister announced certain plans for Sports and Youth Affairs.
Steps and plans announced for Sports and Youth Affairs in the budget 2014-15
• 200 crore rupees has been provided for upgrading the indoor and outdoor sports stadiums in Jammu and Kashmir Valley to international standards
• 100 crore rupees has been provided for sports university in Manipur
• India to start an annual event to promote Unique sports traditions in the Himalayan region games
• 100 crore rupees has been provided for the training of sports women and men for forthcoming Asian games
• With an initial allocation of 100 crore rupees a Young Leaders Programme has to be set up
When: 10 July 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.