The Union Minister of Communications & Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad on 25 March 2015 felicitated the winners of the 2014 Web Ratna awards. This was the third Web Ratna Awards that were given away at a ceremony held at Stein Auditorium, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
List of award and awardees
Citizen Centric Service Category:
• Platinum Award: Passport Seva Project
• Gold Award: National Safai Karmchari Finance Development Corporation (NSKFDC)
• Silver Award: National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
Open Data Champion category:
• Platinum Award: Office of Registrar General & Census Commissioner
• Gold Award: Planning Commission and Union Ministry of Statistics & Program Implementation
• Silver Award: Union Ministry of Water Resources
Innovative Use of Technology category:
• Platinum Award: MKisan-Government of India Portal for Farmer Centric Services
• Gold Award: Madhya Pradesh Commercial Tax Department and Department of Commercial Tax, Tamil Nadu
• Silver Award: E-Sahakar, an online Cooperative Society Process Management System of Maharashtra Government
Outstanding Content category:
• Platinum Award: Ministry of External Affairs.
• Gold Award: Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Kerala Tourism
• Silver Award: Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER)
Comprehensive Web presence category:
• Platinum Award: Ministry of Information & Broadcasting
• Gold Award: Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
• Silver Award: Controller General of Accounts
Comprehensive Web Presence State category:
• Platinum Award: Maharashtra
• Gold Award: Tamil Nadu
• Silver Award: Uttarakhand
Web Ratna Awards
The Web Ratna Awards was constituted by the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology and acknowledges exemplary initiatives/practices of various states/UTs in the realm of e-governance.
The first and second Web Ratna Awards were awarded for the year 2009 and 2012.
What: Winners were felicitated
When: 25 March 2015