The Ministry of Women & Child Development on 11 December 2017 launched a contest inviting people to design a logo and suggest a tagline for prestigious 'National Nutrition Mission'.
The ministry also proposed to award a prize money of Rs 1 lakh to the winner of the contest. In case the logo and tagline selected by the jury are from separate participants, then the prize money would be split.
The last date to submit entries for the contest on Ministry's mail email@example.com is 17 December 2017.
Union Cabinet approves setting up of National Nutrition Mission
About National Nutrition Mission (NNM)
• The Union Cabinet on 30 November 2017 approved the setting up of National Nutrition Mission (NNM) with a three year budget of Rs 9046.17 crore.
• The mission will be partly funded by Government Budgetary Support (50 per cent) and the remaining 50 per cent by IBRD or other MDB.
• The mission will be rolled out in three phases from 2017-18 to 2019-20.
• It aims to ensure holistic development and adequate nutrition for pregnant women, mothers and children.
• It targets to reduce the level of stunting, under-nutrition, anaemia and low birth rate.
• It will create synergy, ensure better monitoring, issue alerts for timely action and encourage the states to perform and supervise the mission in order to achieve the targeted goals.
• There are plenty of schemes on improving the nutritional status, however, there is a lack of synergy between them. The National Nutrition Mission through strong convergence mechanism will strive to create the synergy.
WCD Ministry hosts first-ever National Conference on under-nutrition
Who: Union WCD Ministry
When: 11 December 2017