The Uttar Pradesh government has signed 900 Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) with different industrial groups for investment in the state ahead of the two-day UP investors summit, which will be held from February 21- 22, 2018.
The agreements have been signed in various sectors including agriculture, food processing, dairy industry, tourism, information technology and MSME. The amount involved in the agreements is likely to be announced after the summit.
• According to the state’s Industry Minister Satish Mahana, more than 900 MOUs have been signed so far.
• He claimed that this is the highest number of agreements that have ever been signed with private companies.
• According to official sources, the worth of the MOUs would be more than Rs 3 lakh crores.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
About UP investment summit
• The state government of Uttar Pradesh would be organising the Uttar Pradesh Investors Summit from 21st to 22nd February 2018 in Lucknow.
• The two-day event aims to showcase the investment opportunities and potential in the various sectors of Uttar Pradesh.
• It will offer a global platform, which will bring together heads of states and governments, ministers, leaders from the corporate world, senior policy makers, heads of international institutions and academia from around the world to boost economic development in the state and promote cooperation.
• The partner nations at the summit include the Netherlands, Japan, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Finland, Mauritius and Thailand.
• More than 7000 national and international investors have so far registered themselves for the summit.
• Some of the focus areas where the state government is inviting investments from domestic and foreign players include Civil Aviation, ITeS, Dairy, Electronics Manufacturing, Tourism, MSME, Renewable Energy, Films, Handloom and Textile, and Agro and Food Processing.
The Mega summit would be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, while President Ram Nath Kovind will be the chief guest on the concluding day. As many as 16 Union Ministers would be participating in the two-day event.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.