Vice Admiral AB Singh appointed as Chief of Staff of Western Naval Command
Vice Admiral Ajendra Bahadur Singh, AVSM, VSM took over as Chief of Staff, Western Naval Command, succeeding Vice Admiral Ravneet Singh, AVSM, NM. Prior to his appointment to the post, Vice Admiral AB Singh served as the Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the Strategic Forces Command.
Vice Admiral Ajendra Bahadur Singh, AVSM, VSM took over as Chief of Staff, Western Naval Command on 15 January 2018.
AB Singh would be succeeding Vice Admiral Ravneet Singh, AVSM, NM. Prior to his appointment to the post, Vice Admiral AB Singh served as the Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the Strategic Forces Command.
About Ajendra Bahadur Singh
• An alumnus of National Defence Academy, Singh was commissioned into the Indian Navy on 1 July 1983.
• He is a specialist in Navigation and Aircraft Direction.
• His significant specialist appointments include Navigating Officer of INS Kamorta (during Op Pawan) and destroyer INS Ranjit and Fleet Navigating Officer of the Western Fleet during Op Prakaram.
• He has previously commanded INS Veer (Missile Vessel), INS Vindhyagiri (Frigate), INS Trishul (Guided Missile Frigate) and INS Viraat (Aircraft Carrier).
• He has also been an instructor at NDA, Khadakwasla, Navigation and Direction School, Kochi and Directing Staff at DSSC Wellington.
• He has also previously served as the Deputy Director at the Naval Headquarters and Principal Director at the Directorate of Naval Plans. He also set up the Directorate of Strategy, Concepts and Transformation as the Principal Director.
• He was promoted to Flag Rank in 2012 and since then he has served as the Flag Officer AOB Project, Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Policy and Plans) at Naval Headquarters and Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet.
• He was honoured with the Vishisht Seva Medal in 2011 and Ati Vishisht Seva Medal in 2016 for his exemplary service to the nation.