Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader quizzes of the week that covers important happenings of the week. The section revises selected quizzes from the week to help its readers in revising the most important happenings. The topics covered this week include topics like 2016 World Chess Championship, Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn and first state to run on a cashless system among others.
1. Who won the 2016 World Chess Championship?
a) Sergey Karjakin
b) Garry Kasparov
c) Viswanathan Anand
d) Magnus Carlsen
2. What is the purpose of drones employed by The North-Eastern Space Applications Centre?
a) To map water bodies
b) To map areas affected by natural disasters
c) To map soil erosion
d) To map the roadways
3. The Parliament of Thailand recently invited Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn to be the new king of the country. He will also be known as
a) King Rama IX
b) King Rama XI
c) King Rama X
d) King Rama XII
4. Name the village in Gujarat that recently earned the tag of becoming India’s first digital village in India.
5. What percent of tax will be levied if the declarant voluntarily declares the undisclosed income?
a) 10 percent
b) 25 percent
c) 30 percent
d) 60 percent
6. Which Indian state is soon going to become the first state to run on a cashless system?
7. Which film won the Golden Peacock prize at the 47th IFFI?
c) Cold of Kalandar
d) The Throne
8. Who won the 2016 Davis Cup?
c) United States
d) Great Britain
9. Who of the following became the third Indian boxer to clinch gold medal at the AIBA Youth World Championships?
a) Vikas Krishan
b) Sachin Singh
c) Naman Tanwar
d) Thokchom Nanao Singh
10. Name the Indian golfer who won the inaugural Qatar Ladies Open.
a) Aditi Ashok
b) Sharmila Nicollet
c) Ankita Tiwana
d) Smriti Mehra
11. As per Union Government the safeguard duty will be slapped on import of certain steel products that will be dumped in India below a certain price. What is the minimum price below which the duty will be slapped?
a) USD 290 per tonne
b) USD 409 per tonne
c) USD 504 per tonne
d) USD 610 per tonne
12. What will be the theme for the 12th International Oil and Gas Conference and Exhibition, PETROTECH-2016 that will be held in New Delhi from 5 to 7 December 2016?
a) Hydrocarbons to fuel the future – Choices and Challenges
b) Hydrocarbons a life for the world – Challenges and Choices
c) Hydrocarbons are future
d) Hydrocarbon and Oil
13. What was the theme of the 2016 International Day of Persons with Disabilities?
a) Achieving 17 Goals for the Future We Want
b) Arts, Culture and Independent Living
c) Inclusion matters: access and empowerment for people of all abilities
d) Decent Work for Persons with Disabilities
14. The United Nations recently formally apologized to which of the following countries for its role in the country's cholera epidemic?
15. Which of the following domestic space technology start-ups recently signed a contract with the Indian Space Research Organisation to send a robot to the Moon?
a) Web Engage
b) Druva Software
1. (d) Magnus Carlsen
2. (b) To map areas affected by natural disasters
3. (c) King Rama X
4. (a) Akodara
5. (c) 30 percent
6. (c) Goa
7. (b) Daughter
8. (a) Argentina
9. (b) Sachin Singh
10. (a) Aditi Ashok
11. (c) USD 504
12. (a) Hydrocarbons to fuel the future – Choices and Challenges
13. (a) Achieving 17 Goals for the Future We Want
14. (a) Haiti
15. (d) TeamIndus