Weekly Current Affairs Quiz: 18 November to 24 November 2019
The week's updated quizzes cover topics like Indira Gandhi Prize, NRC, India's first pink test, Global Terrorism Index and PETA person of the year among others.
18 November to 24 November 2019: Jagran Josh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease with Current Affairs Quizzes section. The week's updated quizzes cover topics like Indira Gandhi Prize, NRC, India's first pink test, Global Terrorism Index and PETA person of the year among others.
1. Who has been conferred with Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development 2019?
a) David Attenborough
b) David Parker
c) Bill Gates
d) Greta Thunberg
2. Which among the following countries has introduced visa exemptions for foreigners seeking medical treatment?
3. The Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir has constituted an administrative council to fulfil all the government functions. Who will chair the council?
a) GC Murmu
b) RK Mathur
c) Amit Shah
d) Rajnath Singh
4. Who announced that the NRC process will be carried out across India and cover all citizens?
a) PM Narendra Modi
b) Defence Minister Rajnath Singh
c) President Ram Nath Kovind
d) Home Minister Amit Shah
5. President’s Colour was recently awarded to which institution on November 20?
a) Indian Naval Academy
b) Indian Air Force
c) Indian Army
d) All of the above
6. Who has been sworn in as the new Prime Minister of Sri Lanka?
a) Gotabhaya Rajapaksa,
b) Sajith Premadasa
c) Maithripala Sirisena
d) Mahinda Rajapaksa
7. Who topped the list of Fortune’s Businessperson of the Year 2019?
a) Satya Nadella
b) Bjorn Gulden
c) Fabrizio Freda
d) Ajay Banga
8. Which place does India have in the recently released Global Terrorism Index?
9. Who among the following has been selected as PETA person of the year?
a) Maneka Gandhi
b) Hritik Roshan
c) Virat Kohli
d) Alia Bhatt
10. Which cricket stadium hosted India’s first-ever pink ball day/ night test match against Bangladesh?
a) Eden Gardens
b) Arun Jaitley Stadium
c) Wankhede Stadium
d) DY Patil Stadium
11. Who won India’s first gold at 2019 ISSF World Cup?
a) Yashaswini Deswal
b) Manu Bhaker
c) Rahi Sarnobat
d) Heena Sidhu
12. Google has launched a new cloud-based game streaming service. What is the name of the gaming service?
a) Google Arcadia
b) Google Stadia
c) Google playmates
d) Google Nixplay
1. (a) David Attenborough
David Attenborough has been conferred with the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development 2019 for his lifetime worth of work to awaken the mankind to the need to preserve and protect the planet’s biodiversity and stop being a “plague on earth”.
2. (c) India
India has decided to exempt foreigners seeking indoor treatment up to 180 days and admission in a hospital due to illness from getting their primary visa converted into a medical visa.
3. (a) GC Murmu
Jammu and Kashmir Union Territory has constituted an administrative council to fulfill the functions of a government under the chairmanship of Lieutenant Governor G C Murmu.
4. (d) Home Minister Amit Shah
The process of the National Register of Citizens (NRC) will be carried out across the nation and will cover all citizens, irrespective of their religions. This was announced by Home Minister Amit Shah in the Rajya Sabha on November 20, 2019.
5. (a) Indian Naval Academy
President Ram Nath Kovind awarded the President’s Colour to the Indian Naval Academy (INA) on November 20, 2019. The President’s Colour is the highest honour conferred upon a military unit.
6. (d) Mahinda Rajapaksa
Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa was sworn in as Sri Lanka’s new Prime Minister on November 21, 2019. Mahinda Rajapaksa served as the President of Sri Lanka for two terms, from 2005 till 2015. His younger brother and current President Gotabaya Rajapksa named him as the new Prime Minister.
7. (a) Satya Nadella
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella topped the list of Fortune’s Businessperson of the Year 2019. The list comprises names of three Indian-origin people. Besides Nadella, the two others are Master Card CEO Ajay Banga and Jayashree Ullal, Head of Arista.
8. (c) Seventh
India is at the seventh place in the list of 10 countries affected by terrorism. The list released by Forbes said that 350 people died and 540 were injured in 748 terror attacks in the year 2018.
9. (c) Virat Kohli
PETA India named Virat Kohli as person of the year. He was honoured because of his unconditional work towards the safety of animals. Earlier Anushka Sharma and Shashi Tharoor has also received the same award.
10. (a) Eden Gardens
India played its first-ever pink ball test match on November 22, 2019 against Bangladesh at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata.
11. (b) Manu Bhaker
Manu Bhaker created history by winning India’s first gold medal in the women’s 10m Air Pistol event at the 2019 ISS World Cup at Putian, China. She has become the second Indian to win gold at the 10m air pistol event at the ISSF World Cup Final after Heena Sidhu.
12. (b) Google Stadia
Google Stadia, Google’s new game streaming service has been launch in 14 countries across the world including the US, the UK, France, Germany and Spain. The cloud-based game includes a total of 22 launch titles.