19 March to 25 March 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease. The week's updated quizzes cover the topics like Launch of Ayushman Bharat, Payment of Gratuity (Amendment) Bill and Cambridge Analytica controversy among others.
1. Which city topped the Mercer Quality of Living Survey 2018?
2. What was India’s rank in the WEF Energy Transition Index 2018?
3. The first phase of Indo-French joint naval exercise ‘Varuna 2018’ began in which state?
d) Tamil Nadu
4. Which Indian Governing body passed the Payment of Gratuity (Amendment) Bill?
a) Supreme Court
b) Union Cabinet
5. European Union recently signed agreement on sharing earth observation data with which country?
6. Which social media platform has been accused of data breach in relation to the Cambridge Analytica controversy?
7. What was the theme of the International Forest Day 2018?
a) Forests and Sustainable Cities
b) Clean and Green Forests
c) Protect Forests!
d) Forests and Energy
8. Who has been appointed as the new National Security Adviser to US President Donald Trump?
a) Rex Tillerson
b) Mike Pence
c) Joe Biden
d) John R Bolton
9. The Union Cabinet approved the launch of Ayushman Bharat -National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM). The scheme will have a benefit cover of what amount?
a) Rs 2 Lakh
b) Rs 3 Lakh
c) Rs 4 Lakh
d) Rs 5 Lakh
10. The Union Government has launched the first Indian Sign Language Dictionary comprising how many words?
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
1. (a) Vienna
According to Mercer’s 20th annual Quality of Living survey 2018, Vienna has topped the ranking among 231 cities for the 9th consecutive year. It is followed by Switzerland’s Zurich, while New Zealand’s Auckland and Germany’s Munich tied for third place.
2. (a) 78th
India was ranked 78th among 114 on the World Economic Forum (WEF)’s Energy Transition Index (ETI) 2018. The Energy Transition Index was topped by Sweden, followed by Norway at the second position and Switzerland at the third.
3. (b) Goa
The first phase of Indo-French joint naval exercise ‘Varuna 2018’ kickstarted at the Mormugao Port Trust (MPT) in Vasco, Goa on March 19, 2018. The exercise is being held in the Arabian Sea off the Goa coast.
4. (c) Parliament
The Indian Parliament has passed the Payment of Gratuity (Amendment) Bill that will empower the government to fix the amount of tax-free gratuity and the period of maternity leave with an executive order. The bill was passed by the upper house of the Parliament, Rajya Sabha, which has failed to function properly since the past two weeks due to protests by various parties.
5. (a) India
India and the European Union (EU) signed an agreement to share earth observation data from each other’s satellites. The pact was signed by Philippe Brunet, Director for Space Policy of Copernicus on behalf of the European Commission and by PG Diwakar, Scientific Secretary.
6. (a) Facebook
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg on March 21, 2018 apologised for the data debacle that has dragged the social media giant into a huge controversy and said that he was ready to testify before the Congress. After the news of Cambridge Analytica scandal and facebook’s alleged data breach erupted, politicians called on the social media founder to testify before their legislative bodies within five days.
7. (a) Forests and Sustainable Cities
Every year, 21 March is observed as the International Forest Day. This global celebration of forests provides a platform to raise awareness of the importance of all types of woodlands and tree. The Theme of the day for the year 2018 is Forests and Sustainable Cities.
8. (d) John R Bolton
Former US Ambassador to the United Nations John R Bolton has been appointed as the new National Security Adviser to US President Donald Trump. Bolton would be assuming his role from April 9, 2018, replacing Lt Gen H R McMaster.
9. (d) Rs 5 Lakh
The Union Cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the launch of Ayushman Bharat -National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM) in New Delhi on March 21, 2018. The scheme has the benefit cover of Rs 5 lakh per family per year. The target beneficiaries under the scheme will be over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families.
10. (c) 3000
The Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, Thaawarchand Gehlot on March 23, 2 018 launched the first Indian Sign Language (ISL) dictionary containing 3000 words at a function in Delhi. The main aim of developing the dictionary is to remove the communication barriers between the deaf and hearing communities, as it is focused on providing more information in Indian sign language.